In the book's updated second edition, the authors use examples from their recently released SchoolPress app to explain concepts and techniques throughout the book. All code examples are available on GitHub.
- Compare WordPress with traditional app development frameworks
- Use themes for views, and plugins for backend functionality
- Get suggestions for choosing WordPress plugins—or build your own
- Manage user accounts and roles, and access user data
- Build asynchronous behaviors in your app with jQuery
- Develop native apps for iOS and Android, using wrappers
- Incorporate PHP libraries, external APIs, and web service plugins
- Collect payments through e-commerce and membership plugins
- Use techniques to speed up and scale your WordPress app
We're confident you'll love Building Web Apps with WordPress.
Written by Brian Messenlehner & Jason Coleman (with a foreward by Chris Lema), you're in for a quality look on how to leverage WordPress to build web applications.